Wednesday, October 19, 2011

Warm, Fuzzy Socks and Hot Cocoa

Well, I'm giving in. It is cold outside. It is rainy outside. Fall has really fallen. I've been pretending for the last 6 weeks that it was still summer time. Warm, bright yellow sunshiny days. I've been ignoring the turning leaves, the chilly mornings, the heat turning on in the night. No, I've been holding on to summer. Telling myself that I could still head over to Lake Jordan and have a swim. Still keeping my shorts and capris at the front of the closet.

Today is different, somehow. My feet are cold. Once my feet get cold, I'm done in. Through. And they aren't just cold, they are cold to the bone. Even with my thick, soft, black and gray striped, fuzzy socks, my feet are still cold. So today is the first day of Fall. We can make it official now - Fall starts October 19th.

Now that I've agreed to believe that it is actually fall, I can get out my pumpkin spiced candles, hot apple cider, and hot chocolate. I can start thinking about Thanksgiving and pumpkin pies. I can even begin jotting ideas down for Christmas gifts.

In a way, it is a relief to let go of the dream. Hot cocoa, anyone?


No comments: