Monday, October 10, 2011

Another Birthday, Another Year

Everyone needs a blue pot!

My birthday was Friday. I don't know how that could be since I just had a birthday a few weeks ago. Or at least that is what it feels like. And my birthday has always been a precursor to Thanksgiving and Christmas. Once my birthday hits, the holiday season just seems to roll right in. And that can't possibly be true since I barely got my Christmas tree from last year put away - or so it seems.

I remember as a child that it took FOREVER for Christmas to come again and that summers lasted and lasted and lasted. The school year felt like eons. My parents would talk about time flying and I never understood what they were talking about. Now I do.

It makes me wonder if time is still speeding up for them. Is it possible for time to go even faster? Will I eventually still be full from last Thanksgiving when it is time for turkey again?

Despite coming so quickly, I had a very nice birthday. My husband took me out to eat and to the theater to see Guys and Dolls the weekend before. Then, of course, since it was actually my birthday, we had to go out to dinner again to Neo Asia, our favorite Chinese restaurant. Then, once again, it was still my birthday weekend, so we went out to Applebee's on Saturday. Can you say pampered?


Not just one, but two piano books.


The girls also did a great job. I got a new turquoise blue stock pot. Who wants a pot for her birthday? I do, and Kimberly felt that it was better than socks (which I asked for last year and still think of as my new socks). I love to cook and I love colorful kitchen gadgets. My kitchen has blue hues to it. The pot was perfect. I picked it out and put it on my wish list at Amazon. Kimberly took the hint! Katherine, despite her misgivings, bought me an extra rechargeable battery for my camera. I take a LOT of photos. For instance, at her first soccer game, I took 781 photos. I would have taken more but my battery ran out with 5 minutes left in the game. (Kimberly missed the game and just watched my photos go by. Said it was as good as the real thing!) Now I will never have that happen again....unless I take over 1500 pictures.....Rebekah got me 2 wonderful piano books that are at my level of playing. One is Christmas music and I love Christmas music! The other is country music - of the older variety. It happens to have one of Keith's most favorite songs - I Wish I Were 18 Again. The girls were horrified that it was there. (If you heard Keith sing, you'd be horrified, too!) I think I'll learn this song first and Keith and I can do it for the church talent show - as a comedy routine, of course!

I'm happy with my battery...the face, not so much.

No comments: