Monday, January 09, 2012

Word of the Day

Remember how I said that I get too much email because I surf and sign up? You may also recall that I signed up to Squidoo of the Day. Its a lens, which is kind of like a blog, which is not really catching on. Anyway, as they do every day, they sent me the title of the day's squidoo. It caught my attention: Musical Earworms.

My first thought was ewwwwwwwwwww. I could just picture some horrid, nasty worms squiggling around in my ear. And I immediately wondered how a person got them and how they got rid of them. Of course, I had to look at the lens. I was relieved to find out that musical earworms is the name for the problem of having a tune stuck in your head. Why anyone would name that phenomenon any kind of worm is your guess.

I have a song stuck in my head today. It is Sound of Music. I am learning to play this on my piano. I can play to the first break, but I play it over and over and over, trying to get it good enough that someone could sing to it with me. The hills are alive with the sound of musical earworms!
I swear I don't see any worms.
Other News of the day: Kimberly started back to college today. She has 2nd level English, College Algebra, Spanish 1, 2nd level Psychology, and .....weight lifting. Yes, my girl will be in with all the jocks!

Keith is steeped up to his eyeballs in local politics. He has so many irons in the fire that he doesn't know which way to turn and the phone is ringing all the time. He loves every minute of it.

Katherine is writing her own fan fiction. She loves to do it. I love that she is writing!

Rebekah is spending the week babysitting. She does her schoolwork while the baby sleeps. SATs are coming - anybody have a good idea for a practice essay? Today's was "Should they allow the Pledge of Allegiance in schools?"

Me - I've been on a cleaning kick. My filing cabinet has been updated. I've hung a few pictures. The hall and stairs are vacuumed. My room and bathroom, which always take the back seat to other cleaning, are spotless today. Everything smells like scrubbing bubbles. I am now a convert to that stuff. Talk about making cleaning easy! The soap scum on my shower door is completely gone. I just sprayed it on, waited 5 minutes, and wiped it down. Gone. I know, I could be a commercial!

Oops. I think I over did it!






1 comment:

Unknown said...

I saw Sound of Music six times and would see it another six. I love musicals. edelweiss (spelled right?) reminds me of Einstein.
Now we have to try scrubbing bubbles.