Friday, January 13, 2012

24 Hours is a LONG Time

As you know, Keith and I are doing a communication course. Wednesday was our second lesson. We had been using content communication all week. I found that I am a big hint dropper, but realized that Keith is as well. He tends to ask me a question like "Are you hungry?" actually meaning "I am hungry, will you fix me some lunch." It's been interesting.

Well, one of Wednesday's challenges was to go 24 hours without being critical of anyone. Absolutely anyone. Even those I don't know. So, let's say I see something on TV that is just whacko, I can't talk to the TV and complain about what I see by calling someone an idiot. Or, I can't talk about the stupid drivers. Or, I can't make some snide remark about my husband.

The first try lasted 11 hours. The second try lasted 17 hours. Today, I made it! However, within 30 minutes of meeting my goal, I was critical of someone I didn't know. They were cheating on a photo assignment. I complained that they had NOT taken that photo today and therefore the photo simply didn't count. I said it with disgust. Sigh. It isn't easy to do. And poor Keith - he is involved in a bitter conflict with politics. He doesn't make it from phone call to phone call! He wants to know if he can exclude politics from his 24 hour assignment. I told him, "It's up to you." And it is, but secretly, I have my own opinion!

Other things that have struck me lately:

Gmail has an advertisement for spam quiche. The idea makes me squirm.

I have decided to take a 365 day photo challenge. So has Kimberly. Feel free to join the site and see what we put up! https://www.facebook.com/pages/365-day-photo-challenge/336655936358297  Here is today's post - I call it "Dress Up"


I can't play blues music on the piano without keeping the beat with my body. It must be hysterical to watch. I guess I'll have to get a video and see for myself.

My step granddaughter, Claudia, emailed us today. Grandpa had written to her about how he likes politics and asked her if she knew who her Governor and mayor were. She was proud to tell us that her Governor was Jerry Brown and her mayor was Scott Nelson. Keith just loved the email!

Rebekah is finally signed up for Driver's Ed. We also signed her up for the SAT on May 5th. And she plans to do the Winter Conservatory  - 12th Night by Shakespeare. Busy, busy.

Katherine is in the throes of picking a summer camp for GS. I think she has decided on the "Immunity Challenge."

No comments: