Friday, November 04, 2011

Cars and Senior Citizen Dating

Car Clutch Magazine and Faithful Women Wanted (Seniors, mind you.) Now what would I have on my Facebook that would cause them to believe either one of those would be interesting to me? A. I know nothing about cars except to take them to a good mechanic. B. I'm NOT a senior citizen, despite what my children have to say. C. I am not looking for a partner. I have one of those. One is enough.

Low fat cooking? That I would understand. Authorship of some sort? Ok. Small business stuff. Sure. Homeschooling. Of course. Car clutches? Really?

Now, I do have a friend that races cars, but I don't think I've chatted about it on Facebook. And my husband is sometimes a senior depending on the store. But note the word husband - that kind of takes out the whole dating thing. Personally, if I were paying for Facebook advertising, I'd be ticked off that my ads were going to me.

This got me thinking about the ads I get in the mail. I do often get a farm supply flyer. I live in the city limits. I do not own a garden. I am unlikely to buy horse feed.

I also get the Oriental Traders catalog. I bought from them once. I think they've lost all the profit from that one tiny little sale by putting me on their mailing list. I love looking at all the do-dads, but my kids are older and we have no need for Christmas craft projects or a 6-pack of Halloween fake teeth.

I still get mail for the ex occupant of this house. It has been 2 years. You can learn a lot about a person by looking at junk mail sent to them. For instance, she is a Democrat. She is a patron to the arts. She is an educator or in the education field. According to the mail, she has a great credit rating and needs to get a  lot of credit cards.

I wonder what those living in my old house think of me? Probably that I am a grease monkey chick in my 60's!

On the newsy front:

Keith had a birthday yesterday. He turned 62 (remember my comment about HIM being the senior). Katherine made him a cake and he got presents. We also went out to eat.

Almost a smile! Even without peering into my mail, you can now see that I am Republican...or at least married to one!


He had to share his day with Kimberly who was inducted into Phi Theta Kappa (Community College Honor Society). We are very proud of her.

The truly funny thing about this picture is that there is nothing (not a thing) on this certificate. It is just a blank piece of paper. She got her real one in the mail a couple of weeks ago! lol


Keith was able to save my Quicken files. Now I don't have to recreate my whole year from bits of receipts stuffed into a file folder. Yea, Keith!

Think of me, with my hair more on end than usual.

2 comments:

CBrownfield said...

Good points!

And our husbands are the same age. Of course, we both are much younger than they are. :D

~Valerie~ said...

Love it, Teri! Just the read I needed to make me laugh and make my night. :) And I can so relate. :)