Monday, September 28, 2009

My dear friend Georgia passed away

I had a very dear friend die early Monday morning after a 5 year bout with cancer. She was like a mom to me. She was a beautiful woman inside and out and brought much joy to everyone that knew her.

I was thinking about Georgia yesterday before the viewing and I realized that she never did anything small. She left a large footprint wherever she went. She played the piano with all her heart and soul. She loved the Lord and had a testimony that was larger than life itself. She loved bright colors especially orange with lime green and bright pink. She laughed. She loved. She gave. And despite being so grand, she was the most humble person I ever knew.

If I can "grow up" to be half the woman Georgia was then I will have achieved great heights.

I will sorely miss her presence here on earth. I already do.

Here is a poem that I wrote about her:

Well Done Thou Good and Faithful Servant

Stretching up towards the Son,

Understanding His pure love for you,

Reaching out to hold His hand,

Knowing He is there and watching.


Spreading your thoughtfulness and sincerity,

Providing love and compassion

To all those who know you,

Working ever towards being like Him.


Glowing with the Light of Christ,

Forever strong against the blowing winds,

Standing all amazed at the love He offers you

Knowing in your heart, never doubting that He does.


Standing out in any garden,

Growing beautiful as a daughter of Heavenly Father.

Loving and caring, grateful and humble. This is you.

My dear, sweet, friend, an orange lily in His garden.

No comments: