Tuesday, September 08, 2009

Awesome Saturday!

Have you ever had one of those perfect days that you just didn't want to end? Well, I just had one on Saturday. Keith and I went to visit Kyle, Faith, Gena and Jaxson in SC. We got there around 10 and it was fun talking to everyone. Jaxson is such a character and says the funniest things and Gena is so sweet and loving. Such wonderful kids.

Faith kidnapped me soon after we got there. I had NO idea where we were going, but she was so excited. She kept teasing me that she was going to sell me into slavery and such. It was fun trying to guess where she was taking me. Well, you see, I had told her several weeks before that I had never been to a flea market. So, she took care of that - we spent several fun hours at the flea market! I tried on jewelry, oohed and ahhed over items old and new. I even bought a few Christmas presents!



Then we did a little shopping at the grocery store so that Kyle could make me his famous steak and baked potatoes. You just can't get a steak like that anywhere else in the world. I won't even buy a steak out anymore - I mean, why bother???? Keith also got the kids ice cream treats - yummy ice cream M&Ms on a stick!



While Kyle was cooking, I played on the Wii some. Keith and I did sword fighting. I won - well, actually, I beat the snot out of him. I obviously have some pent up anger! Then I played archery, canoeing, and bowling.




The food was excellent as always. I forgot to mention that while at the flea market we got a watermelon that was SO good and we got some skuppernong grapes (I know, I can't spell it and the spell check says I'm not close!). The grapes were quite tasty until we tasted some really huge ones at another vendor....oh well! So, I had been snacking on the grapes and watermelon and Faith's delicious cherry tomatoes. Talk about excellent. Then Kyle brought me my steak - perfectly cooked and seasoned just right. The potatoes are done like he did them when he was a chef at Squires Pub. Man alive, can that boy cook! Faith has a keeper!



After supper, we had to break out the Wii again, but this time we played Rock Band. Wow, was that ever fun. I tried the singing, guitar, AND drums. It isn't as easy as it looks! lol


Despite how poorly I did, it was a ton of fun and I hated that the night had to end. We have a 3 hour ride home, so we finally had to put down the drum sticks and head on out.



I smiled the whole way home and most of the next day, and have grinned over the day several times since. It is so wonderful to have a loving family.

No comments: