Sunday, May 10, 2009

Mother's Day

I had a wonderful Mother's Day. It started with breakfast in bed - eggs, toast, and orange juice. Then, when I went downstairs, the dining room was all decorated - yellow table cloth, nice center piece, and photos of the kids were everywhere! Rebekah and Katherine each made me a card, and Rebekah gave me some candy. All the girls went together to get me a subscription to Writer's Digest which is a magazine I really really wanted! They also got me a yellow orchid corsage to wear to church today.

Then at church, we were given a homemade eclair with chocolate frosting AND chocolate covered strawberries.

I also got my call from Matthew today. It was so good to hear his voice and to hear how happy he is in the work. He loves Germany and the people and says that today at church he truly felt like he was at home with them. That, of course, makes my heart sing. He did have a couple of funny things to say. For instance, the word for devil and for baptist are quite similar. He made the mistake of talking about John the Devil! He also says "ummm" a lot between sentences as he tries to figure out how to say what he wants to say next. Apparently, saying um is very similar to saying the word "around" and he says it confuses a lot of people! lol

Later today the girls are making me supper - ham and mashed potatoes with strawberry shortcake for dessert. And Keith is going to watch a chick flick with me before bed.

Yes, indeed, it has been a wonderful Mother's Day.

1 comment:

Grace said...

I am glad you had a nice day Teri...you have some great daughters!
Our daughter who served in Berlin still says "um" between sentences..I think it's pretty common with them..Sean was saying that today as well. I asked him to speak to me in German for a few minutes..he had the accent down and all..cool
How great that your girls made you dinner..Yummmm.